The battle for women’s rights is again hot and heavy in America.
The political Propaganda Machine has brought the issue of a women’s rights to the front and center of our attention by attacking women and contraception? The propaganda of the political campaign is designed to shift our attention away from other important issues we now face as a nation. Like the Economy, Jobs and the emerging global power structure of multinational corporations.
To make matters worse the Republican propaganda machine is using the tactic of Religious Freedom, strongly supported by the Catholic Church as their weapon of choice in an attempt to marginalize all other issues in the current political debate.
Presidential hopefuls and the Republican party eagerly climbed on the band wagon. In a collective effort they have taken the issue of contraception back to the Dark Ages.
The issue caught fire as Rush Limbaugh so elegantly made his case against Sandra Fluke. In what amounts to a modern day Witch Burning in the public square of the national media.
Women who use artificial contraception are now slut’s and prostitutes because birth control is only used for recreational sex and has no medical purpose?
A key word now being used in the propaganda to further marginalize the issue and divide voters into sinners and devout followers of faith is Artificial Contraception.
A core principle in the religious teachings of the Catholic Church is a ban on the use of Artificial Contraception. That means the faithful cannot use the pill or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The faithful can use natural methods like abstinence or hold an aspirin between their knees.
In organized efforts all across America Sex Education based on science is also being withheld from our children under the banner of individual freedom and freedom of religion. Abstinence only programs have replaced science based sex education in our public school system all across America.
Artificial Contraception is a Global Women’s Rights issue; not just the hot topic of American Politics.
Fact is Artificial Contraception is a Global Human Rights issue that equally medically benefits Women, Men and Children.
To deny the medical, social and economic benefits of Artificial Contraception is to become part of the largest organized human genocide conspiracy in the history of the world.
Yes, I am talking about Organized Mass Murder in the Name of God.
A Modern Holocaust!
1,800,000 (1.8 Million) People Died worldwide of Aids in 2011
38,094,699 people are infected worldwide with Aids today as I write. That number changes every 12 seconds as another person is infected with Aids.
Every 16 Seconds another person Dies from AIDS worldwide.
The majority of these deaths could have been prevented with the use of a Condom and of course a little sex education!
This is holocaust fueled by dark ages religious fundamentalism that has now become a cornerstone in American Politics.
If you think I am being too severe in the pronouncement of an Organized Holocaust maybe you should consider even the Pope sort of agrees with me?
November 23, 2010 New York Times
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI clearly acknowledged on Tuesday that the need to prevent diseases like AIDS could outweigh the church’s long opposition to the use of condoms.
It was a significant and stunning personal pronouncement from the conservative pope after more than two decades of heated debate inside the Roman Catholic Church and condemnation by health workers who said the church’s ban on prophylactics was morally indefensible during the AIDS crisis.
The Rev. Federico Lombardi, the Vatican’s spokesman, said that for Benedict, the use of condoms by people infected with H.I.V. could be “the first step of responsibility, of taking into consideration the risk to the life of the person with whom there are relations.”
“Whether it’s a man or woman or a transsexual,” he added.
Though Benedict did not endorse the general use of condoms or change official church teaching — which still strongly opposes contraceptives — his words ricocheted around the globe, greeted with anger from some conservative Catholics and enthusiasm from clerics and health workers in Africa, where the AIDS problem is worst. The pope also considers the continent to be a major area of growth for the church.
“We’re in a new world,” said the Rev. Jon Fuller, a Jesuit priest and a physician at the Center for H.I.V./AIDS Care and Research at Boston Medical Center. The pope is “implicitly” saying, he said, “that you cannot anymore raise the objection that any use of the condom is an intrinsic evil.”
Read the whole article for yourself:
This is a dramatic change of position for Pope Benedict XVI who had perviously condemned the use of condoms in Africa as recently as March 2009.
Read the Whole Article Yourself:
Facts from the World Health Organization
To date it is estimated 30 million people have died from AIDS
1.8 Million deaths in 2011
34 million living with AIDS today with 2.7 million newly infected.
Key ways to prevent HIV transmission:
- practice safe sexual behaviors such as using condoms;
- get tested and treated for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV;
- avoid injecting drugs, or if you do, always use new and disposable needles and syringes;
- ensure that any blood or blood products that you might need are tested for HIV.
Source World Health Organization
AIDS is a global epidemic that is not only killing millions of people in Africa but in America too.
The Key in the fight to stop the spread of AIDS is Education and Artificial Contraception.
Many of the newly infected are Babies. Many of the deaths are also Babies and children under five who were infected by their birth mothers.
Birth control pills (Oral Contraceptives) are a medical necessity to prevent infected women from having unwanted children who will become infected with AIDS and will die as a result.
WHO upholds guidance on hormonal contraceptive use and HIV
16 FEBRUARY 2012 | GENEVA – WHO has concluded, on the advice of its Guidelines Review Committee, that women living with HIV or at high risk of HIV can safely continue to use hormonal contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. The recommendation follows a thorough review of evidence about links between hormonal contraceptive use and HIV acquisition.
Read the Whole Review for yourself:
These facts, based on modern science and medicine hold just as true in America as they do worldwide. Today it is estimated 500,000 women are infected with the AIDS in the Untied States.
Do you think Oral Contraception has a medical use?
Read the World Health Organizations 10 Facts about AIDS.
The Global AIDS Epidemic is Dwarfed by Global STARVATION!
We reached a new milestone in Global Population 7 Billion last year.
1 in 7 people who all have names are starving. That means today there are over a billion people starving to death. The majority are children under 5 years old.
Read it for Yourself:
Artificial Contraception combined with education is perhaps the most important tool we can use to fight hunger and prevent the cycle of death from continuing.
Millions will starve to death this year worldwide, mostly children below the age of 5.
Who Global Strategy for Women and Children Review
Read it for Yourself:
Artificial Contraception is an essential part of the strategy of reducing unwanted pregnancies worldwide and could save hundreds of thousands of women who will die in childbirth each year.
On the question of who should pay for Artificial Contraception and Empowering Women to Control their Reproductive Rights?
- It reduces poverty. Charging women and children less, or nothing, for health services improves access to care and enables poorer families to spend more money on food, housing, education and activities that generate income. Healthy women work more productively, and stand to earn more throughout their lives. Addressing under-nutrition in pregnant women and children leads to an increase of up to 10% in an individual’s lifetime earnings.5 In contrast, poor sanitation leads to diarrhea and parasitic diseases, which reduce productivity and prevent children from going to school.
- It stimulates economic productivity and growth. Maternal and newborn deaths slow growth and lead to global productivity losses of US $15 billion each year.6 By failing to address under-nutrition, a country may have a 2% lower GDP than it otherwise would.7 In contrast, investing in children’s health leads to high economic returns and offers the best guarantee of a productive workforce in the future. For example, between 30% and 50% of Asia’s economic growth from 1965 to 1990 has been attributed to improvements in reproductive health and reductions in infant and child mortality and fertility rates.8
- It is cost-effective. Essential health care prevents illness and disability, saving billions of dollars in treatment. In many countries, every dollar spent on family planning saves at least four dollars that would otherwise be spent treating complications arising from unplanned pregnancies.It is cost-effective. Essential health care prevents illness and disability, saving billions of dollars in treatment. In many countries, every dollar spent on family planning saves at least four dollars that would otherwise be spent treating complications arising from unplanned pregnancies.9 For less than US $5 (and sometimes as little as US $1) childhood immunization can give a child a year of life free from disability and suffering.9 For less than US $5 (and sometimes as little as US $1) childhood immunization can give a child a year of life free from disability and suffering.10
- It helps women and children realize their fundamental human rights. People are entitled to the highest attainable standard of health.11 This fundamental principle of development and human rights is affirmed by many countries in a range of international and regional human-rights treaties.
Another important part of the Strategy is the Political Will of Leaders around the World.
New global consensus on maternal, newborn and child health
Political will is in fact the first of five pillars of the global Consensus, which lists the priority actions that are needed to accelerate progress on the MDGs for maternal and child health. They are: (1) political leadership and community engagement; (2) a quality package of evidence-based interventions, delivered through effective health systems; (3) the removal of barriers to access, with services ideally being free at point of use for all women and children; (4) skilled and motivated health workers, in the right place at the right time; and (5) Accountability for results.
Read it for Yourself:
25 million children died over a 3 year period from 2008 to 2010
Child mortality, also known as under-5 mortality, refers to the death of infants and children under the age of five.
In 2010, 7.6 million children under five died. Down from 8.1 million in 2009 and 8.8 million in 2008.
About half of child deaths occur in Africa. Approximately 60 countries make up 94% of under five child deaths.
If these numbers don’t illustrate the medical importance and effectiveness of Artificial contraception then what argument will?
What makes me want to throw up is the lack of political leadership and understanding of these very real and important global and national problems.
The fact that the Republican Party wants to fast track us back to the Dark Ages is equally troubling. Their attacks against women, women’s rights make them accomplices to organized global genocide.
Are you an Accomplice too?
The danger is not just a woman’s issue over contraception?
If you look closely at the Republican argument, which by the way is designed to undermine the new healthcare law and further their arguments are designed to undermine the Obama Administration and therefore, to get you to elect them, have even deeper dangers.
The argument goes, we, you don’t want the government to make healthcare decision for You. However the same Republicans want your Boss to be allowed to make those decision for You, based on your Bosses Religious Beliefs?
So what if your Boss is a Jehovah’s Witness? Does that mean you wont be allowed to get a life saving blood transfusion?
These are dangerous ideas and it is exactly why our Founding Father’s separated Church and State.
Yep makes me want to throw up!